Practise Practise

as iow

With the lighter evenings now upon us, i wonder how often do people practise every week?

We usualy go out between two and four times in the week, starting around 6.45pm and go home when its to dark to see. Some times in the summer we don't leave untill 10.20.

If there isn't a trial we would do about 4 hrs on Sat & Sunday, our lads practise hard, we have catchers, and reqular trips to the hospital. ;)

We are lucky enough to have lots of lads with simular abilitys in our area, and this makes practise so much more interesting :rolleyes:

Sam Conner told us the top boys do about 2hr per day. :D

As often as possible, which is usually two events a month, boarding puts paid to most practise sessions, though in the hols maybe a few hours a week. Also in the summer have an eveing trial chamionship which means an extra 2 a month. Not half as much as i'd like, bu itl have to do!

Pete.

At least twice a week if possible during the summer. One evening a week until it gets dark followed by lots of "paddock racing" (ie, talking crap and drinking beer) and at least half a day on Saturday or Sunday. My wife knows that unless I get my regular bike fix I aren't worth living with!

My mate and myself get out on a Sunday for at least four hours or so. In the summer with the brighter nights we also try and get out on a Thursday night for maybe 2-3 hours. If I fancy I'll take the gasser out onto the drive occassionally just to mess about but find it a little boring on your own with no sections to use.

With the lighter evenings now upon us, i wonder how often do people practise every week?

I usually start around 5:30pm and go until 11:00pm. I'm able to do quite a bit as I have great lighting in and around my garage. I've learned to stop and drink water about every 45 minutes to keep me fully hydrated and I feel much better the next morning.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ringo

Sounds like you guys have it all. i'm lucky if i get out once a fortnight, the practise ground we used to have around here has closed and there's nowhere legal to ride, most of the time it's the trials only i get to ride. I could definately do with lots more practise. The nearest legal place to ride thats open all the time is a 2 hour drive away.

:rolleyes:

not often enough use to be just about everyday when i was still at school but that was only self taught for about an hour. now its once on the one evening for a couple of hours riding with someone better than me and years of experience and an event or two or practicing on the weekends.

When I was younger (and student!) we rode as far as 4 times a week with my Dad. But now I'm working, Dad has moved in another area (500 km away) then I regularly ride every sunday morning with all my mates of my club. As I'm teaching trial to kids with another mate that makes me spent more time on my gasgas (a Saturday afternoon or a whole Sunday every fortnight). I admit it's not enough as I would practise on evenings during the week but got no one to go with me :-(

Obviously a compleat P**s head ;)

Some guy starts a topic and thinks he is the coolist s**t head around.

1] you have a hiden profile so we can only asume that you are some pencil pushing geek that has no life, no friends and no other form of entertainment other than spending every extera moment on your computor.

2] You obviously don't have a clue to my sense of humor.

3] You don't know me nor do I know you so your sadly mistaken if you think you can get away with disrespecting me.

4] Take this as lesson number 1. Find out exactily who it is your talking sh*t about before you go making some stupid as* comment like that and you wont find yourself in the midst of a berage of insideous comments that might make you consider changing your sex, reason for living, and wonder if whether or not you should consider taking up a sport that suits you more, like knitting coffee table doiles for your grandmother.

BTM if your mama has some extra time, I have a dollar she can earn!

Now if you think you can step up to the plate and go head to head with Ringo then go for it. Otherwise, stay hidden behind your wimply little profile, proove that you are one of the typical old school 'stick in the a**' trials riders and don't ever talk sh*t about me again.

Gotta agree with the Ring master on this thing! I'm sick and tired of people posting on this and any other site without giving either there real name, or a name that we all know who you are! Some loser's have even gone so far on other sites by taking shot's at my 9yr old son, without leaving a reasonable idea of who there are! Cowards I tell you! you may not agree with anything I say or Ringo or anyone else, but at least they have the balls to state their name name where they are posting from!

Cheers, Steve

you may not agree with anything I say or Ringo or anyone else, but at least they have the balls to state their name name where they are posting from!

My name's (also) Steve and I'm a... hang on, wrong site. Or may be not ;)

When joining a new forum, I find it's usually a good idea to lurk for a while, get a feel for the place and see who the regulars are. On the more volatile sites it's useful if you can work out who's enemies with who etc. (anyone remember the flamefest-infested heydays of USENET?) Having said that, kids' enthusiasm will always get the better of them on occasion (although I'm not sure that Ady Witting falls into even that category :D )

Hey ringo: I was looking through some old posts the other day and saw what's apparently a pic of you riding with Bermuda shorts over your trials pants. I was planning to introduce that style to our club trials this summer although it looks like you have prior art. May I have your permission to copy your style (bet that's the first time anyone's asked you that...!)?