340 Nearly Finished

bambam_n_chunx

Quite happy with the way this is going so thought i`d put a couple of pics up to see what you guys think. I`ve got a new in-motion seat cover to fit and give the bike a good check over but its running well enough since the mikuni carb conversion has been fitted. Hasn`t been a cheap build but okay considering the state it was in when I got it. Another one saved from the scrap man. :thumbup:bully1.JPGbully2.JPG

Edited by bambam_n_chunx

That sounds too interesting, please try to get them (the photos) here, so the audience has something to look at. :)

You might have to load them up to a picture stack like picasa, (it's free).

- load up the pictures,

- let one show up in your browser,

- then click on the shown picture with the right button, a small window appear, go to properties,

- when the properties window appear:

- look up the URL of the picture,

- copy the complete URL, (has to end with .jpg)

Then when you use the posting editor in TC past

the URL information in to the second frame that shows up

when you push the picture button while posting.

Edited by pschrauber

Only had to replace the piston, did the seals while it was out but everything seemed okay. It runs spot on.

Did you encounter any probs getting a piston as i've heard they are unobtainable. Obviously untrue because you found one. I will be having mine rebuilt soon so will need one. Dont know what size yet untill the motor is stripped be just wondering about availability.

Did you encounter any probs getting a piston as i've heard they are unobtainable. Obviously untrue because you found one. I will be having mine rebuilt soon so will need one. Dont know what size yet untill the motor is stripped be just wondering about availability.

Still availble as I know and even NOS ???

The bore of a 199b is different to a 199a or erlier model, the earlier engines have 326,2 ccm engines with a 83,2 mm bore.

The engine of a 199b has 340,62 ccm and a bore of 85 mm. Stroke is the same with 60mm.

Important:

The hole in the piston for the piston pin of the 199b at least has to be out of the middle of the center too which prevents tipping of the piston.

01.%2520Lieferung%2520E-Teile%2520Colander%25202010-12-03%252011.jpg

Kolben%2520Bultaco%252002-02.jpg

PS: Nice Bultaco, I would tape the rips of to the seat cover if you want to stay with the original one.

Edited by pschrauber