Probolt

shercoben12

Hi guys

Found these http://www.pro-bolt.com/aluminium-engine-kit-gas-gas-pro-red.html#.UK_zemtYCK0

I want to get them but I heard a guy saying at a trial that you have to have titanium ones for the head instead of alliminum.it says " full engine kit" so Iam

Guessing if I need titanium ones they come whith in the kit?

I think they will make the bike look epic

If anyone's got some already- put a pic up:)

Ben

the ad states exactly what the bolt kit is for....

"All the bolts to replace originals on side engine casings including clutch covers, water pump housing, alternator cover and sprocket covers where applicable"

from this I would assume head bolts are not included

Ben,

The ali bolts are for the side covers only. They do look the stuff, and are light weight. They are not meant for high stress applications and should NOT be over torqued, as one must be gentile with them. They will also deform more easily if hit by rocks and such. Looks as though they supply a special lube with them as well to prevent thread galling and corrosion..Should work ok if done properly, and seems they are inexpensive.

The titanium are your premium bolts. Light like ali and strong like steel. Resist corrosion.

Stainless are the middle ground. Same basic weight and near the strength of steel, yet corrosion resistant and stay shiney over time.

two points and just trying to be helpful.

I bought a second hand pro with similar looking bolts, when you pulled the clutch in the clutch case was moving slightly, so I wouldnt recommend them, they chewed up very easy as well.

the other point is the description says M6 thread with 5mm allen head. Virtually none of the bolts on a gas gas motor are M6 they are all M4 or 5 i think.

thanks guys

does an m6 thread mean they won't work?

and do you know the specs for the head bolts. and do they need to be titanium?

baldilocks- a guy at the trials i go to rides expert level in trials and enduro and has used these for years whith no problems. must have been a different make on yours :D

ben