Sherco Factory Bikes

mowen123

The '08 ex works Sherco I owned had more grunt than the 'Cabestaney Replica' of the same period and considerably more than a bog standard 290. It was quite easy to tell the difference. The Cabestaney Rep model felt quite docile by comparison. Apart from the engine/electronics it was pretty standard though I suspect it had a modified swinging arm. Unlike the replica bike it had no wet/dry mode switch to vary the power. It did indeed have the dreaded Paxau stickers. Turned out to be very reliable over several years quite heavy use. Only the rear damper packed up.

As others have said, Cylinder porting, Higher compresion heads, Different ignition, Clutch mods, Carbs tweaked and jetted different. Probably more but this is what I have found on mine so far.

The cabestany replicas are not the same as the factory bikes, they just have the stickers and some bolt on bling. The 300 engine & clutch is modified in the factory bike.

By the look of it Cabestany has tested magnesium crankcases also in 2012, as there are pics about, (look at this years sheffield programe) with the tell tale dark gold colours.

Different suspension, although it looks the same from the outside.

Titanium & alloy bolts everywhere that cost a fortune.

The Sherco's are very rideable in factory tune, Nice and smooth off the bottom but they go ballistic when you wind them up.

Also the u.k factory team bikes are not as specced up as the spanish factory bikes. But every bike is different depending on the rider it was intended for.

As stated above the uk team bikes are not anywhere near cabbys bike.

JR and Wiggy both had trouble getting "special" parts and it seems Ferrer has had access to some.

All cabbys bikes sound much different and rev much more freely and without question are tuned to the lomit. So much so the catastrophic blow up at undavella in sweeden was spectacular proof.

I have my suspicions that it may well be a gas gas inside there............

As stated above the uk team bikes are not anywhere near cabbys bike.

JR and Wiggy both had trouble getting "special" parts and it seems Ferrer has had access to some.

All cabbys bikes sound much different and rev much more freely and without question are tuned to the lomit. So much so the catastrophic blow up at undavella in sweeden was spectacular proof.

I have my suspicions that it may well be a gas gas inside there............

i totally agree with this, they standard sherco for an expert rider is not half the bike of the gas gas or beta- cabestany and now maybe ferrer seem to be the only ones with decent bikes.

• Like 1

i totally agree with this, they standard sherco for an expert rider is not half the bike of the gas gas or beta- cabestany and now maybe ferrer seem to be the only ones with decent bikes.

ax

I think the standard sherco is as good as the standard gas gas or beta's but the cabestany replica misses the mark compared to the Raga's and factory evo's as they have more trick bits and magnesium crank cases etc.

I think the cabestany sherco is cheaper than the opposition from memory.

One thing I can say about my sherco, It does ride better than my gas gas did, Better grip, Better suspension, Lovely power delivery.

My 300 Gasser was tricked up and tuned, boysens, high comp head etc (ex gg uk bike) & loads of trick bits but I prefer the sherco I have now.

On paper the gas gas should have been a better bike but the Sherco just does it for me.

no point having a factory bike unless you are a factory rider. Best to decide what you want a bike to do for the level you are riding and then set the bike up to suit you

Agree but I was talking about expert riders- look at wigg for example- sherco gave him a parcel of dung with no power at all.