Gear Fork

gasgas321

Is the fork bent? Might be worth replacing as they are cheap, if the selector has took a hit to break the rivet it may have damaged the fork too, or it may have hit the clutch basket while the engine was running, that's what happened to mine.

Is the spring back on like this..... http://www.trialspartsusa.com/diagrams/GasGas_Shift_Claw_Dimensions_b.gif

So,

We're supposed to guess at what bike you are working on, and then figure out how you fixed a fork? the shifting forks are inside transmission, and you would have had to remove engine, taken off the cylinder, split the cases. any other "forks" you saw, would be a guess.

there are manuals in "video" format, but they are for the newer "pro" model bikes and engines, that the USA parts distributer, and Trials Bike importer created for us "english" speaking Gas Gas trials bike owners. you could look here http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo but again this would be the newer models, not the "321" or that era, because those manuals were produced and dubbed onto VHS tapes, and again for USA distribution (if you dont live in usa or canada, your TV uses a different video "recording and displaying" format, I am told, so even if I had the VHS tape around here (which I dont) that I could send, you probably couldnt watch it because of this.)

Hi I assume you mean the arm on the end of the gear shaft and not the actual selecter fork inside the gearbox. Did try turning the star on the end of the selecter drum to make sure gears can be selected with out the shaft in place.

When you refit the shaft run it up and down through the gears by hand before putting it all back together.

TLTEL

On the older TXT models, there are three springs associated with the shift claw and the detent rollers. These items can all be accessed by removing the clutch cover and clutch. If they are not installed correctly, you may not be able to select any gears, or they may not stay engaged. When my shift claw broke, I replaced the claw, the rivet and all three springs. It made a huge difference in selecting gears and those gears staying engaged.

I don't know about the Pro models, but I think they are similar in how they work.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.