New To Trials (Kind Of)

j13me

Hey guys, my names Jamie. I'm 22 from Great Yarmouth. Upon recently acquiring a little pitbike (nicknamed the widow maker... Don't ask!) my love for motorcycles has been restored!

Years back (I was maybe 15-16?) I used to be heavily into push bike trials (not that good though) and after always asking for a motorbike my parents caved and bought me an old Gas Gas 250. Every weekend I was down my local trials park learning to ride. One day the bike stopped running and has been in the shed since!

I'm going to go over to the parents house and dig it back out this weekend and see if I can work out whys up. Hopefully was just something simple but as its been sitting for 6-7 years I should imagine the chances of it being ready to use are slim.

As for the bike its self, I have no idea of the model or age. I have looked on eBay, google and not found any bikes similar! Hopefully you guys can help.

I will get some pictures tomorrow of her. Hopefully not rusted to bits as it was a very clean bike (apart from my shocking choice of colours on the fairings) lol

All the best,

Jamie

Hi Jamie it's good to hear your back into it!

It will be great to see the pictures of the bike tommorow. Before trying to start it!..

* take out fuel tank drain fuel and put in fresh fuel whith 75-85 ml of 2stroke oil to 5 litres

* drain the gearbox oil and top up with new stuff- if its a txt pro- 2002 and newer you should put about 450mls in. If its older I think it's about 550-600 mls

* take the carb out and clean in side and jets with wd40 or carb cleaner or compressed air.

* put in a new plug

I think. That's about it!:) any questions just ask.

Ben

I'm about 95% sure that's what it is.. Although I haven't seen It for years so could be totally wrong. Going to clear out shed at my house (I mean ruthlessly throw away stuff to make room) and go collect it :)

Pics to follow shortly hopefully.

Any 2 stroke advice guys?

I'm sure is hydro? Not 100% just grabbing lunch then going to pick her up. Hope it fits in shed or its got to go back :(

Oh hell, just put her in the living room in the house. Kitchen table makes a great work bench and the linoleum kitchen floor makes it easy to clean up oils and what nots off the floor.