My 90's Gas Gas Contact250 Project..

j13me

How do you get the prices? I see the US site mentions our bikes but the UK site only mentions the later bikes :(

On the trialspartsusa site they have a "How to Order" section that mentions dealers. I emailed one and they responded with prices.

I agree that is too much for the airbox lid, especially considering I got the whole rear fender assembly for $85 (plain with no decals). How can the huge fender/seat be only $25 more than that tiny lid? I am just going to make a lid since the air filter is brand new. Jim Snell talked about cutting the lid out bigger anyway so I don't see why I can't fab one up.

On the topic of your bike, if you follow this link, there is a pretty big list of dealers outside the US that may be able to get you price quotes like I got here in the US.

http://www.gasgasuk.com/gas-gas-dealers.php

Also here is Gas gas UK email:

info@gasgasuk.com

SHE RUNS!!!

Few questions though..

1 - she will only start if I heat the plug, will start first or second kick then when a handful of throttle..

2 - the nice clean shiney piston and spark plug are black with carbon after 2-3 minutes of running?

3 - idle is all over the place, idle screw clockwise raises revs but other way won't lower it! Just stops at at a certain point but still to high, I don't have an air filter in at minute as its dark and can't find it but hope that will settle it down!

4 - when I rev it bogs down, quick 1-2 seconds blips on throttle won't raise revs at all, it just bogs down and would cut out if I keep it on.. I'm guessing this is carb settings? The fuel screw is set at 3.5 turns out from fully in as the Gas Gas video suggested is standard?

After a quick google search, black plugs etc is too rich, so will try turning the screw in a turn (I thought 3.5 turns out was a bit excessive) must be bad if I'm running no air filter and its still rich!

J13me,

This thread has got my attention, I love these Trials Central community fixes. You're getting a load of help thrown at you from these forum members, they're all trying to suggest tried and tested remedies in keeping with your budget restraints (i.e fix it on the cheap, or it's getting shipped out).The point I'm making is that I agreed with your assumption that a bike with no air filter fitted would run leaner but when you read Baldilocks's counter intuitive reply, it all makes sense.

The moral of the story; I know a little bit less than I first thought I did ?

Great perseverance by the way.

Wayne