New Gg Pro 250-280-300?

gg270

Right I have had my Gas Gas 270 1997 for over two years now and have learnt all the techniques and IMO I ride very well. So now after this great bike getting me well "stuck" in to the trials world I am going to get a new Gas Gas pro.

Having had a quick ride on a 05 280 I liked how light it was but I found the power

A little to quick and snappy from the bottom which i found span up the wheels to easyliy which is what i dont want as i rude in very wet muddy conditions!I also rode a 250 07 and again liked the weight and suspension but I would prefer to have a tourque pig:)(it was abit to gentle and revy for me)

I have not had a chance to ride a 300 yet but I've heard that's its nice and smooth of the bottom. That is what I like to hear!

So a new 2013 300 will be less snappy than 280 but will have more tourque and be smoother of the bottom?

Thanks

ive never riden a 300, but people the experienced riders say they are the ones if its torque you want.

ive got a 280 and found it really snappy like you did.

what i done was turn my idle down extremely low, so its only just above labouring on idle. it now pulls right from the bottom. completely transformed the bike

I just recently purchased the 10 yr old brother to the 2013 300 pro. (fancy way of saying I bought a 2003 300 pro) I was riding a 2000 Sherco 2.9 (272cc) and the difference between bikes is HUGE. Part of it is different manufacturers but the bottom end of the 300 is much more torquey. I like to ride with more of a put put and rev when I need it type of style. The Sherco had some of that but for an example of the difference, I rode a rainy muddy event with the 300, and in a section was a shortish hill. I did not build enough momentum at the bottom to carry me all the way up. In the middle of the hill I needed more go and I just cracked the throttle a little bit and the 300 just chugged up the rest of the way. If I would have been on my Sherco the rear wheel would have just spun.