Speedo & Cable Options

paxo

I've still got the original speedo drive on the rear spindle of my 76 sherpa 350t and wanting something that looks period so I'm not really interested in digital ones etc as good as they are.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced speedo and cable from somewhere that has the period look ? I know you can buy a full kit from Spain etc but they cost hundreds and I don't really want to go silly spending that kind of money on it !

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Try Custom Fasteners on https://secure.hosts.co.uk/~custom-fasteners.co.uk/acatalog/Mini_Speedos.html

They do a really nice 60mm diameter stainless one in two different ratios at £37.50. It even comes with a neat stainless mounting bracket. I used one on my 1967 Triumph and had a Venhill speedo cable made up to suit (around £40 I think). The beauty of the small diameter is that you can squeeze it in down the front of the engine on the Bultaco. Not sure if the ratio will be perfect, but who cares if it gets you through the MoT? Just let Venhill know the exact cable outer length and the details of the connections at each end. Sending them the old cable will help with suitable fittings.

• 3 months later...