30 Years In The Making!

pingping

Hi just turned 50 so thought it be good to have a go again - guy came in the shop and offered me a 2004 Sherco 290 for 500 quid so snapped it up. New brakes, bearings, oil and suspension bushes later and she running fine. Just come back from my inorgral practice by the river, all ok until I slipped off the edge - me and the bike fully submerged, only the the throttle grip sticking out !! Anyway managed to pull her out but now will not start - unsurprisingly !!

Glad to be back !!! :hyper:

Pull the plug , turn the bike upside down and pump the water out of the engine by putting it in gear and turning the rear wheel. Stand the bike up on the rear wheel to drain any water out of the exhaust system. Drain the float bowl to get any water out. If the water it was in was muddy you may have to tear the carb down for a thorough cleaning. Remove clean and reoil the filter, drain the oil and refill (you will have to do this several times to get the water out of the trnasmission). Put in a fresh plug fresh gas and give it a try....dont ask me how I know this routine...they call me Captain Nemo also...