Fantic 240 Conked Out!

dmc2028372

Evening all. Did a club trial today for the first time on my recently acquired 240. Engine has always started and ran really well but half way round first lap the bike just cut out. Started after a couple of mins then off again. Did it now and again through the trial then back fired and stopped altogether at the end. Changed the plug, no difference. As a precaution, I recently fitted an up rated coil so that shouldn't be the issue. Any bright ideas?

Check the source coil and pickup trigger on stator plate , and make sure all your grounds are clean and tight ... I've got the resistance specs at home somewhere if you need them . And check keyway for flywheel, it locates everything ...

• Like 1

+1 on the making sure your grounds are clean and tight(Glenn and I are auto mechanics and are obsessed with this!) that includes the engine to frame mountings,Doesn't take too many times of "expensive processor didn't fix the issue,oh,lets tighten that ground wire :blush:" to burn that into your mind...