Wannabe Trials Rider

actwin

Hello all from Ohio, USA! I've always thought the world of trials riders skills hoping some day to bite the bullet and get a bike. My main thought has been to use it as a practise tool for my street riding, I had dirt bikes off and on up till 4-5 years ago that helped with my skills. I'm almost 54 y.o. have back,hip and knee pain now and the thought of being stupid on a MX bike tells me NO!! I currently own a Moto Guzzi Breva1100,Griso1200 and a Benelli Tre900,the cost of tires alone leaves me with little money as I average 12,000-14,000 miles a year. I will be asking questions so please be somewhat understanding, Scott

Welcome...

I thought the same thing...I'll get a trials bike to hone some off road skills. That was in November...well I'm hooked...entering my first trial on Sunday...my poor KTMs have a layer of dust on them!

I set up a small section (just some rocks and big logs) in the rear of the house. No packing up and driving 90+ miles...suiting up, riding, then driving 90+ miles home and cleaning the bike. Now it's put on gloves, helmet, and boots, spend 1 hour out back practicing. Park the bike and do it all over again any time I want...What took me so long??

actwin,

Welcome to the world of trials!! If interested in competition here are 2 websites.

Trials Incorporated http://www.trialsinc.org/ They would be more considered "Local" for Ohio

Michigan Ontario Trials Association http://motatrials.com/ (Organisation I ride with) We do not have any events in Ohio but we do have a TI and MOTA ciombined event in Indiana April 20 & 21 if you are interested in coming to ride, spectate or just hang out with some really odd people. Info can be found on either website.

It is NEVER too late or too early to start riding trials. Yes, trials does provide great skill transfers to other forms of motorsport, but Trials in itself is such a fun sport you may not ride other bikes much after starting trials.