Clutch Push Rod Seal

scot taco

Is there anything that seals the clutch push rod around the main shaft? Mine had a felt type,oil soaked washer.It has been quite a long time since I rebuilt my Pursang,but I thought I remembered a seal in the end of the main shaft that the push rod went through.On this one there is just an o-ring,but it doesn,t seal the push rod.

Also,should there be this thick washer behind the counter shaft sprocket up against the spacer bushing?

There is an oil seal it's behind the washer on your photo, (green plastic).

For sealing the clutch push rod you need the felt seal, can be made by your self (that's how I do it) or bought by Inmotion for example.

Here the oil seal:

DSC08007.JPG

PS.:

I believe you need a new front sprocket.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.Yes,I agree on the front sprocket.I will put that in on the order along with a new counter shaft seal and felt seal.Your engine looks nice and detailed-good job. :thumbup: I,m just trying to get mine back together to ride this summer and then do a resto over the winter.

Yep,

best way to do if the bike is fairly OK, while you keep it running you can easier detect issues and get spares in time before waiting a long with all parts spread in the garage because you have to search up something wicked. My Bultaco was stored untouched for over a decade in a garage when I found the bike, so there where issues with corrosion and to glue transformed gas ... I had no chance to get it running without stripping the bike completely. This picture I made when I got the engine sorted just to please me while fixing other parts of the suspension.

Good luck for the assembling.

• Like 1