M91 Clutch

bulto58

Hi Guy's

I've completed crank and sprocket seals on the ignition side , so moved to primary side crank seals,

Ive removed Fly wheel nut, but no way will that clutch centre nut move. Iv'e had a clutch holder on, tried my impact tool,

large socket wrench bar, wont move.

just to check, anti-clockwise to undo ? any idea's. All so the primary chain with tensioner removed, the chain will lift about 25-30 mm up

with slack from the underside, is this excessive.

by the way Woody, your clutch spring pin tool worked a treat

Thanks

Had a similar problem with my engine, couldn't get the nut off even with the shop's biggest impact gun. Managed to remove it by heating the nut with a propane torch and then using the impact gun, it eventually came off.

um ive never had any troubel geting the nut off try some shock freez then use a good socket and give it a wack should do the trick. the primarry chain shouldnt lift up more than half a link off the clutch basket with the tensoner on. if its more than half a link it needs replaceing. they do stretch over a long time. hope this helps

these nuts should be tight but some 1 as gone OTT with the sounds of it. aslong as you have a star washer on it shouldnt work loose aslong as its tight but not to much over the top i was riding a 199A for a while before i found out there was no lock wire throw the weight nut so if it had come loose would have done alot of damage. you can grt the shock feez from B&Q or halfords dose work ive had a few stubon nut and bols in the passed and ive always used this so hope it works for you the only other thing i can think of is heating it up but i dont like doing that if i can help it.