Mods For Ty 250

riffraff

Hi guys. I wana do some mods on my ty. I am looking for dimensions and so on. I wanted to do rear shocks mod. Foot peg and possible the steering angle.. I have quiet a few stories about these but can't find actual measuments ie how far to move mounts and so on..can any one point me in the right direction?

The frame for my C model isn't here at the moment but from memory the mounts are moved down about 75mm which turned out to be almost exactly the same placing as a majesty, this wasn't done on purpose but happened when I got the seat rails level after the steering head had been steepened up by the previous rider.

I don't know what the angle of the steering head is now but the wheelbase was quite a bit shorter than standard & keeping the front end down was a problem, I'm having a set of shedworks swingarm lengthening plates fitted at the moment to correct this

So mayby putting a steeper steering angle would be good...75mm for those rear mounts sounds good man..wonder if shorting the swing arm is nessary then?

Swingarm is plenty short standard, when steeping the steering head angle the wheelbase does become less which is why the plates from shedworks are being fitted to move the axle around 35mm back which will put some more weigh over the front wheel hopefully. The shock mounts on the swingarm aren't touched at all & the cut is angled exactly like feetupfun did to his swingarm in a previous thread, when finished you wouldn't know it wasn't standard