199A Primary Drain Plug

scot taco

Is the drain plug for the primary oil the bottom center bolt in the side case? My 77 Pursang was that way,but it had a larger flat head on the bolt.This is just a regular allen head.

I also need to drain the gear box oil,but after reading previous post on the subject I,m a bit nervous that it will be buggered up.

The primary case drain is the centre bottom bolt [basically just rearwards of the B in the bultaco logo] It is supposed to be a large round flat 6mm bolt with an allen head recess. The gearbox drain on a 199A is underneath the counter shaft sprocket and is in the side of the case, not underneath the motor, as in the previous models [Hex head bolt]

Cheers Greg

yes as said above the clutch drain plug is in the center. my 199B as the drain plug on the case its self witch is beter its just an older case. the gear box drain plug are easy stript if you over tighten just make sure its clean and use a new copper or fibre washer and just hand tighten dosant need to be really tight same with all the cases i have the toruqe setings for the cases so i never over tighten them. its alot of work to get them sorted if you do i had 1 done had to have it helicoled but if you do have that done beter to have them all done. so dont panic just take your time its easy. altho it was a bad design puting the drain plug on the side would off been beter of leaving it under the engin.