No Stop, No Hop. No Hop, No Way!

billyt

Surely they will not place this outdoor No Stop madness ruling on indoor stadium trials?

If they did then I cant imagine an indoor trial with no stopping allowed.

The indoor sections would be dramatically different than today.

If they apply the no stop ruling to indoor trials then I can see a dramatic shift back ot the way things used to be when stadium trials became popular.

There was riders who proved to be good stadium trick riders and those who rode better outdoors in natural terrain.

How can a rider hone his razor sharp indoor trick skills for hop and bop indoor and then change mind set for no hop and bop outdoor trial?

An indoor trial on a Wednesday night and then an outdoor on a Sunday, two different worlds, what a mind mess that would be. :wall:

So, some spectators at a stadium trials (or see it on You Tube, TV etc) get hooked on the sport and want to try it out. They get all pumped up, buy a bike go to OUTDOOR trial and get told, Oh No, you cant stop, you cant hop, you cant, this you cant that.

Who among us thinks an indoor stadium trial would be better or worse with No Stop rulings?

It begs the question: is the current sets of riding tricks/techniques a witness to the skills needed to ride a world class stadium indoor trials. They where developed for indoor trials, honed there and then used in the outdoor arena???

If so, would we have saw the rapid development of these current indoor/outdoor riding techniques develop if not for indoor trials and the types of sections witnessed by the current indoor stadium trials?

In reality what to me is the bottom line with this new no hop ruling is that they are stopping the riders from using indoor stadium trials techniques outdoors.

I would like to place a bet on that riders and sponsors get their biggest financial returns from indoor events (per each event ticket sold vs one outdoor event) hence why they would not mess with a rule change that would mess with that revenue stream!

I would guess to say a factory rider has to learn both skill sets in order to be competitive and subsequently make money in doing so. He is limited in what skill set he uses and when he can use it.

Edited by billyt

I care

Personally I think stop and hop is the signature of trials, it sets it apart from every other kind of riding and I enjoy indoor the way it is

The way Tony hits a wall, fails, hops backward and attempts it again is outstanding

I hope no stop does not come to indoor

• Like 1

From what I saw at the Tennesee WTC round, stop and hop is alive and well outdoors. If you prefer no stop, there were plenty of riders who rode that way. If you like stop and hop, there were even more, with many of them not even attempting to ride no stop and yet not getting a five. For them it was about how much stopping and hopping you can get away with. Turned out to be a lot. Common scenario was the top riders watch the lower riders try to ride no stop and fail, so the top riders figure out a zig zag, stop and hop route that will get them a clean knowing that they need to try for a clean loop to win it as shown by Raga's 1 point for two loops.

• Like 1

I here the FIM rules committee is extending their influence to other sports as well.

For English football, fancy ball dribbling will be disallowed. More than 3 touches with out a pass and you forfeit possession.

Bouncing the ball off your knees or head will be limited. Over acrobatic headers and scissor kicks may receive a yellow card. (Up to the referee's judgment of course).

Bending the ball on a free kick.... again subject to review... if deemed there is too much curve on the trajectory, a possible yellow card as well.

Goalies' gloves. Those are gone of course!!!

Wearing a protective cup or any other body protective equipment will be considered unmanly and new school. They will not be allowed.

They will of course change the points system value of a tie vs. a win and may include goal differences. To be reviewed and changed, perhaps every season.

On the plus side, harsh tackles will be allowed and off sides will mostly be done away with. This should make for some more interesting play for the spectators and bring more people out.

Of course, diving flops will still be allowed. We have to retain some of more recent innovations of the game.

• Like 3