Italjet T100 Help ?!

magaz06

hi there im currently restoring an ITALJET T100 , cant find parts anywere on the web , especially a piston and ring set as thats the last major item i need to finish the bike

any advise / contacts would be much appreciated !!!

cheers james

Edited by magaz06

Hi James,

what a great find, I had the 50cc in the 80's and whilst it was underpowered i did like how it rode.

Ive had a recent dilema with a Montesa 348 recently trying to find a top dykes ring! I am sure you will find one but it will become a bit of a treasure hunt.

Their are a few twin shock clubs in my area (north wales), with very active facebook pages (Aqueduct classics and Gresford) and people with garages full of bikes and bits! We have a few Italjets competing.

If you are not on facebook let me know and I will post on your behalf otherwise join the group and pop a post on there...

I sure I read somewhere that they were developed by Bultaco? not sure if inmotion can help?

Anyway, best of luck with it and let me know if I can help as above

I would suggest to look up Italian craiglist for parts there are most used and new parts available. The engine is bone stock minarelli and actually a Minarelli engine where parts should not be a big problem. The 100 shares a lot with 50cc bike, even the engine. Gearboxwise is for example just the primary drive and 6. gear different.

There some 80cc bikes with Minarelli engines in Germany around as there was a special bike class for the youth installed back then and the T100 fitted very well in this class with 74,7 ccm. Many other bike brands in this class shared this displacement.

Anyway I wish good luck finding the parts you need.