Honda Rtl250 Rear Silencer Replacement / Copy

enrico

Hi All,

I am in speaking to an exhaust fabricator in the South of the Country about making up a replacement rear silencer for my RTL250 (1986 model) as the original is unmarked and I dont want to risk damaging it by riding the bike (which I want to do....).

The guy is prepared to make a copy of the silencer, which will be of the same style and proportions as the original, but not an exact replica, in that it wont have the HRC stamp etc as that would be too expensive to produce.

Is anyone else out there interested in having one of these copies if the guy makes more than one? Obviously, this will make it cheaper for me as the cost will depend on how many are made.

This is not an advert for his services, so hopefully doesn't flout any of the forum rules. I am not going to be selling these copies, I am just trying to gauge interest from others so that the fabricator will know if its worth making more than one. All I will do is pass on the details to him of how many to produce.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will let the fabricator know how many people might be interested.

The fabricator is well know in pre-65 circles for his exhaust and other similar products, which are of a high quality. His work has been recommended to me by several people who have bought his stuff.

Cheers,

Eric

X-Ray vision :)

Seriously, you can see from both ends where the internal pipes and baffle plate run, and he has experience of silencer fabriaction. However, this is to be a copy to save the original and as long as its close to the real thing then I shall be happy.