Seizure!

charlie chitlins

The lad seized his 125 Sherco riding fast on a farm road.

Seems he has a but to learn about shifting.

After it cooled, it started right up and now runs smoothly.

What are the chances we dodged a bullet?

Back before Nickasil, this was not uncommon, but can the coating survive a seizure?

Did the lad survive bike siezing without injury?

Did the lad survive telling dad about bike siezing? :D

I had a couple 80cc quads that when my boys were small I was having them ride and begin learning throttle, respect for the machine etc.... My mistake was I told them for the first little while to only run in 1st gear. I didn't want them going too crazy at first...........well a new set of rings ended up being needed pretty soon after they got comfortable on the quads. My fault on that one. (also could have been worse)

I suggest you take the barrel off and inspect it just to be on the safe side. polish off any seizure marks on the piston and check the rings move freely. Replace the pin gudgeon pin circlips as overheating could have reduced their springiness and hey may fall out in future.

Setting the mixture rich and running a rich oil ratio is a wise policy for learner riders.

Cheers

That sounds like what my kid did to the Fantic 50 ... Like he was testing it to see how long it could go WFO in 2nd gear ... Then the piston broke ...

And he wonders why he can't ride my 240 or section ...?????? Maybe common sense improves with age ? I HOPE !!!!!

Glenn

That sounds like what my kid did to the Fantic 50 ... Like he was testing it to see how long it could go WFO in 2nd gear ... Then the piston broke ...

And he wonders why he can't ride my 240 or section ...?????? Maybe common sense improves with age ? I HOPE !!!!!

Glenn

May have to send them a text message for them to remember!

Oh God, what have we done?