Just Picked Up An '07 250, Couple Of Questions...

sawtooth

Haven't had a trials bike in a couple of years (last being an '03 Rev3 270 back in 2009). Been tearing about on a WR450 Supermoto so a little bit out of touch with how the trials bike should feel. Just got an '07 Rev3 250 today and have a couple of questions to refresh my memory...

1. Pretty sure I was runnng 70:1 pre mix ratio with fully synthetic, thats about 71ml per 5 litres yeah?

2. Should the 250 pull the front wheel up in 2nd gear (stock gearing) without the clutch? Seem to remember my old 270cc just lifting the front wheel with a twist of the throttle but the new 250 wont do that at all, that right?

3. Getting a knocking when compressing the forks with the front brake on, I know it has a floating disc but should it knock quite so bad? Dont think its the forks themselves.

4. Front brake is squeaking/vibrating, any fix for this?

5. Revs take a while to go back down after revving, flywheel weight is fitted, what would be causing the hanging revs.

6. Clutch is slipping, can this be tightened up or is it time for new friction plates?

7. How many turns out should the mixture screw be?

Edited by sawtooth

1) Handbook says 75:1 on fully synthetic. I do not like such lean ratios and some oil manufacturers are now showing 50:1 as the leanest ration for their fully synthetic but plenty run on your mix with no problem.

2) Depends on body position etc but 07 250 should lift front wheel easy.

3) Loose headstock bearings? Low fork oil? Too thin fork oil?

4) Front disc can be a bit grabby and squeally and maybe wear faster than some other bikes.

5) Tickover set too fast?, worn crank seals letting air in?

6) Plenty of 07 clutches are still working well so I would have a good look at it before replacing. Could be wrong grade of oil od the gaps between the friction blocks may need scraping out.

7) Handbook says 1&1/2 to 2&1/4 turns out.

Cheers