Gas Gas 300 Power

gnardeth

hello.

I have a 2012 gas gas txt pro 300 and was wondering if there's anyway of giving it more power? I have fitted a high compression head, keihin carb, carbon reeds and a ultra fast action throttle tube and it still feels a bit gutless. I don't know if this is because i have come from racing road bikes or whether my bike is broken? I have rode a few other 300cc trials bikes and they all seem to be a bit flat. Is there anything else i can try to get a bit more "go" out of it?

Thanks,

Gary.

with my 125 it went all flat and gutless. so we put in a new piston and rings and it really livened it up and is a lot more pokey. i would suggest on your 300 to put a new set of rings in and/or a new piston as-well. s3 make a high high insert which a mate put in his 125 and that gave him alot more grunt

and it pulled really well. where abouts do you want the power? if you want more bottom end snap i would take the keihnin of as this smoothens it out.

You state that you have tried other 300's and they all seem "flat". The 300cc has plenty of power but the delivery is different than say a 270cc. The 270cc will rev up very quickly right off idle. The 300's take a slight bit longer to rev up/need more throttle to rev up. But when that 300cc is reved up it will rip your arms off.

This may be what you are experiencing?

But when that 300cc is reved up it will rip your arms off.

This may be what you are experiencing?

Probably not. If he had the arms ripped off he couldnt type...

Joke aside.. as others I wonder what you are trying to do with your 300? Are you doing trials, or are you doing enduro or something? After wht you state i cant think that there is something wrong with the bike. Tihis is how a trials bike are. Most beginners - even Valentino Rossi I guess - have major probems to cope with the power in a 300 when riding trials sections.

-Jan

• Like 1