Eletric Igintion

bondy

I personally have a grudge against electex world and will safley say they will not get a penny of my money again.

I bought a electronic ignition off dave at bultaco uk for my 159 over 6 years ago and i have only just teated my bike to a second spark plug. It did run fine on the 5 year old plug but it was starting to go rusty.

My dad bought one for his 199 over 8 years agofrom bultacouk and that still works fine also.

I bought an eletrex world systen for my ajs stormer scrambler and it lasted less then 3 race meetings! I am fed up of trying to get thier tech guy on the phone and he has not once called me back when i was told he would do so.

That my view

ive heard good and bad coments on the electex world. ive only heard good reports on the bultaco uk once so that speaks for its self. the other quetion i want to know is will a fesma magneto fit a 199B as mine as the mortorplat on it. i was told that the eletric igntion of bultaco uk will only work with the fesma magneto i have a spare 1 off a 199A so if that fits ill buy 1

ok thanks ill see if i get anymore info first before buying. the ones over hear are alot cheaper than 395 euro

True, but mine comes with a new flywheel (+extractor) that's about 1kg lighter. So if you want to save some weight on the rotating mass, make the throttle responce a little bit quicker... B)

The Femsa unit (rotor) is The lighter then the Motoplat unit.

At least the models I know:

Motoplat (210.20-001): 3,7 kg,

Femss (92.20-010): 3,4 kg.

As I have heard so gar from other riders there are no benefits from using the elevtronical system in comparison to the magneto system beside that the electronic system is maintaince free.

If your original system is still working proper I would save the money for other useful stuff.

To the Electrex ignition, here I have too heard about issues about their reliability, especial for older MX and Enduro bikes.

Just my 0,02 € opinion.

I know of several Bantam & Cub trials bikes fitted with Electrex World ignitions & the owners have been very pleased with them.

Why I wonder does the Bultaco UK ignition have a coil & black box while the Electrex ignition has only a coil? Electrex World also claim 'Electronic advance of 13 degrees is specifically developed to give the Sherpa smooth tractable power, ideal for trials' Is this something unique to their system or does the Bultaco UK one do this as well.

The Femsa unit (rotor) is The lighter then the Motoplat unit.

At least the models I know:

Motoplat (210.20-001): 3,7 kg,

Femss (92.20-010): 3,4 kg.

I had the Femsa unit so my new rotor weighs about 2,3 kg.

Edited by guys

what i want to know is will a femsa magneto fit my 199B as its got a motorplat magneto on at the moment? the reason for this is because the electric igintion from bultaco uk will only work with the femsa magneto and i have a spare femsa magneto.

ill have to look on the magneto patrick i came off a 199A mine was inported to the uk in 1983 am not sure if it had the motorplat ignition on from new but some say the later modals came with motorplat because Femsa whent bust. so my guess is it been on since leaving the factory. but if i do deside to put the eletrice igniton on ill be keeping the motorplat igniton so ill mark the plat so i know where to set it if i ever put it back on. am having the forks hard chromed as there weeping oil its not the seals there pitted at the bottom.

hi yes ive seen this vid ive had a electrice ignition before off bultaco uk if i do buy 1 i think ill go with them. as ive heard to many bad reports about the eletrex world igniton. and bad affer sales. cheers for the video