World Campionship Website

sherpa325

Why is it that the World Championship Website is so difficult to use and rarely is as 'up to date' as other forms of motorsport. It just seems so typical of the way trials is perceived and administered. Moto GP, World Super Bikes, Formula 1 and every other sport that is competing for the consumer interest and dollar/pound has a state of the art website with live feeds etc etc. Just a thought as the day after the Italian round, the results are not on the 'official' website.

Sherpa,

I do know what you mean about the official FIM website.Office staff wont work Sundays :) and as the trial clubs cant change organising bodies , they are stuck with it , and no doubt the FIM knows this. Dont expect any changes soon:)

To be honest , i never go there for the results anyway and get them pretty quickly. Certainly within 2 hours of Trials end .

The various trials web sites around the World including this one have the results up very quick. Heres the link

http://www.trialscen...mpionship-italy

I realize that the private websites do a great job with their reports and the posting of results, but the other official websites for the other disciplines leave trials for dead, they have LIVE FEEDS, LIVE RESULTS,event photos, interviews, practice photos.

All we get is what the private websites provide[ which by the way is fantastic considering their resources] - but I don't think it is their responsibility to do so.

http://www.motogp.com/

I realize that the private websites do a great job with their reports and the posting of results, but the other official websites for the other disciplines leave trials for dead, they have LIVE FEEDS, LIVE RESULTS,event photos, interviews, practice photos.

All we get is what the private websites provide[ which by the way is fantastic considering their resources] - but I don't think it is their responsibility to do so.

http://www.motogp.com/

I agree with all of that. Id bet the FIM have had this subject around the board table already and discounted it for one reason or another. The fact is that organisations these days think like businesses and they dont want to spend. Imagine if their net income this year was less than last years .....there would be all hell to pay. Id imagine that Live results section by section would be have extensive set up / annual cost.

Yes its not these private sites responsibility to do so but they do it for the love of the sport , and because they want to , although at times it might feel like a chain around their necks.It goes with the territory . You cant be a all singing and dancing trials website offering most things to most men if you dont have the results on. Theyll get a bit of increased traffic from it to help encourage advertising but thats all. Its almost if theyre obliged. Im sure they still all enjoy it.

In an ideal World the FIM would provide us with this , that and everything else that regularly gets through the ringer on these threads , but as we all know, it isnt :). The private websites fill and niche and take up the slack in a way

I agree with all of that. Id bet the FIM have had this subject around the board table already and discounted it for one reason or another. The fact is that organisations these days think like businesses and they dont want to spend. Imagine if their net income this year was less than last years .....there would be all hell to pay. Id imagine that Live results section by section would be have extensive set up / annual cost.

Yes its not these private sites responsibility to do so but they do it for the love of the sport , and because they want to , although at times it might feel like a chain around their necks.It goes with the territory . You cant be a all singing and dancing trials website offering most things to most men if you dont have the results on. Theyll get a bit of increased traffic from it to help encourage advertising but thats all. Its almost if theyre obliged. Im sure they still all enjoy it.

In an ideal World the FIM would provide us with this , that and everything else that regularly gets through the ringer on these threads , but as we all know, it isnt :). The private websites fill and niche and take up the slack in a way

I very much doubt the FIM give a sh!t about trials website.

I'm pretty sure it was originally set up and controlled by the results Guru charley but I could be wrong.

Dabster is right. Charly's website is not an official site, but his own personal website. Leaving aside some of the complete bollocks that's been posted in this topic, there just isn't the money in Trials to fund all-singing, all-dancing live everything and even if there were, some of the locations we get to just couldn't support the communications infrastructure required.

• Like 1