Non Starting Techno

starr870

Hi I tried starting my 98 250 techno this morning and had no joy, it started fine last week after I had changed the gearbox oil and air filter. It has fuel as the plug is wet when I take it out, but it also has a spark as ive had the plug laid on the head and turned it over by hand. I have had the plug in the bike since last October and its always started first or second kick, I hav'nt got another plug to try at the moment, what could be wrong?

Andy.

I think that you could have flooded it, possibly by leaving the fuel on while it stood? We had the same thing happen on the synt. The float bowl keeps filling sometimes and runs into the crank an it wont start whatever you do. The only thing that worked for us is, cable tie the front brake, remove the spark plug, get two of you to lift the back wheel up and keep going until you go past the vertical. Then kick the engine over with the kick start. You should see a lot of petrol coming out of the plug hole. It sonds like a mission... but it worked for us. He doesn't leave the petrol on any more while the bike stands.

Changed the plug for a new one today and it started after three kicks, it was a bit rich to start with but cleared after a while. I think it must of been a combination of a duff plug and being flooded after I left the tap on. Won't be doing that again, I did notice fuel coming out of a small brass tube which hangs down below the float bowl, i'll have to get the carb off and have a look at that.

Thanks for the replies and help.

Andy.