Front Sprocket

bondy

hello all just back from greece wow it was hot. also nice coming back to hot weather hear to. anyway before i whent away i put new 11T front sprocket on my 198A am sure i read a topic on the tab washer dose it need to be trimed smaller so the chain dosant catch the tap wash when bent over?

• Like 1

oh yes the ocean was nice and clear i was on the beeer but the wife was on the Ouzo that stuff is like paint striper. as for the tab washer am just thinking of the easyest way to strim it down? it only needs bending over on to sides any body else have the same problem?

Bench grinder! best tool for the job! I needed to trim the one on my M 49. as it is an 11 tooth 428 size chain as fitted to the early Bultaco's. P.S. I also run a 60 yes 60 tooth rear sprocket. But I'm pulling the extra weight of a sidecar and monkey about! :thumbup:

Bondy if you have the standard lockwasher on your Sherpa then it should fit fine with an 11 tooth countershaft sprocket. I have only ever had 11 tooth front sprockets on my Sherpa`s and they have all fit well with no need to trim them. I can see the need with a 428 chain but not with a 520. I have had new ones and old washers and they all fit fine. Graham.