Some Measurements Please

bultacorock

I was hope-ing some one could help me out please Im away from my shed this week so can not get at my 199A

and need some measurements please if any one has a bit of time that would be really nice ( im sure i would some how get it wrong if

i did my self...... )

I would like some new springs for my fox gas shoxs so that i have the right spring rate for me on my 199A

and i have to some how find out these measurements if any one has time please.

A. swinging arm axle to center of upper shock mount.

B. swinging arm axle to center of lower shock mount

C. swinging arm axle to rear wheel axle, about mid point of chain adjustment side

This would help me order now so i may have them for when im back ..... big thanks to any one for any tips on what to ask for

when ordering duel springs for rear shocks im 75 kg about 165 pounds with gear

Thanks again for all the help and advice offer so far

BR

Edited by bultacorock

hi the standard shocks for the 199A are 340mm am 18stone and i use 70ib springs witch do the job. but i got some rock shocks for 1 of my bike with ajustabel preload there 60ib and there fine to hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi BR.

I have measured the bike and the measurements are.

382mm, center of swingarm axle to center upper shock mount,

318mm, center of swingarm axle to center lower shock mount,

410mm, center of swingarm axle to center of rear axle, mid adjustment.

Atb Bog

Hi Boghopper350,

Brilliant thanks for that, i will mail them the info so i can get the right spring set up for me and my bike did call a friend and asked him if he could measure

my frame just incase you did not have time and his measurements are the same as yours so thanks for your time you have been a big help with

this.

Looks like you have a nice set of bultacos to ride im trying to get fit again so i can ride mine again. So spending my time rebuilding it, its all

boxes of new bits to replace the bit that need replacing.

but its safer that way because it will stop me trying to ride it till i get the ok to ride again, i just want it to be ready for when i am.

BR

Edited by bultacorock

You're more than welcome, it's nice to be of assistance.

Yes I'm a fan of bultaco's. I've had my 199a for about 12 years and it has only let me down once, and that was just the points closing up. They are all ridden regularly as my 2 sons have got into twin shock trials. It's kinda strange to be riding bikes with them that were around when I was their age.

Hope you get sorted out and get over what is stopping you from riding soon. And good luck with your rebuild. Atb Bog

• Like 1