Clutch Plates

bondy

hi guys ive just stript my clutch on the 198A and the plates look abit worn. but they seem to be working ok i have new frition plates witch i was going to put in my 199B but i can buy another set for that. would it be a good idea do you think just to put the new frition plates in why ive got it stript? also has anybody seen a primarry chain tenstioner like this 1? looks like its been moded to relace the wheel it dose the job fits nice i do have a good spare 1 with a wheel.

Hi Bondy. That tensioner looks as if it would be great on a duplex primary chain. but if it works then there is no reason to change it. Having a slider instead of a roller on it might take a fraction of power away but not enough to be worth worrying about. If you have it apart you might as well change the clutch plates and keep those as spares. I have seen a lot worse in Pursang`s and Sherpa`s and they still work fine with no slip. Graham.