03 Pro Clutch Upgrade

squid_on_a_300

Sorry Jon..they are stock 1.5mm plates.....moot point though ..according to Rising Sun Imports the thinner plates are no longer made..so I had to order a new pack..should be here in a few days.

With my enduro bikes I was told to soak the new fiber plates in gear oil for a few hours before I install...same here?

Gotcha. The new pack will undoubtedly have the two 2.0mm steel plates. There are two fiber plates the same thickness and the third fiber is the one used to set the pack width at the factory. That thicker fiber plate always goes in the clutch basket first. It's usually a drop-in affair but you may want to measure and record the finger height just to have as a baseline. I like to soak the fibers for a short time, mostly out of old habit. Save the old clutch, it can come in handy for parts sometime.

Jon

follow up

Turns out the previous owner did put the upgraded clutch cover on my gasser...he just never switched it over to mineral oil. New clutch in...alot easier pull..hardly any drag compared to before..not that i could really ride it before but i'm going to have to get a little use to less drag now..goin out tomorrow with my club to build some sections in a new riding area.

Also ...thanks Jon

• Like 2