327 Contact Sprockets

600rotax

Hello,

New to the forum and from the united states. I have a 1993 gas gas 327 contact that has been difficult to find countershaft and rear sprockets for and the local dealer has no

listing for it at all. My question is, is there any other motorcycles out there that have sprockets that would cross with my bike? The local bike shop seemed to think that the early 2000 gas gas endure bikes had the same rear sprocket as one of the Kawasaki dirtbikes, which got me wondering wha other sprockets, front or rear, may fit my 93 contact.

Thanks for any help

Shawn

Any sprockets from 1992/2002 pre Pro model should fit,here in Uk get them from e bay,http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d42683b02 your rear sprocket should be a 6 hole fastening.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GasGas-JT-JTX-JTR-TX-TXT-Trials-Chain-with-Talon-Front-Rear-Sprockets-/140999664075?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20d43c21cb

Edited by bilks

My 95 Gas Gas has the same 6 bolt sprocket. I currently have a 42 tooth that was listed for a Sherco, it was the only one on ebay at the time that would fit my bike. So getting one shouldn't be a problem.

Did'nt think of trying you. SHAVEY

TLTEL

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for replying, been a bit busy and haven't had time to get back to working on the old gas gas.

Not new to trials at all, but have been away from it for a while and got back into it when I found this old contact.

I have priced sprockets from jim at $90 rear and $35 front. After a bit of shopping I can get both sprockets shipped from the uk for $60

and willing to wait for that kind of savings.

Shavey, another problem just came up with loosing coolant with this bike and looks like it stems back to the coolant tank cap itself. I can only tighten it

lightly before it pops loose like it is stripped. not sure if it is the tank threads or the cap threads, both look good and neither one is cracked or damaged

that I can find. Also, I can blow freely through the cap overflow tube and im thinking that's not supposed to happen until enough pressure has built up

to open the cap. Am I right on this?

It completely drained the res in about an hour of riding yesterday. looks like it pushed it out the overflow tube.

Thanks

Shawn