It's Finally Back In One Piece

slapshot 3

Very light hone and a new set of rings for now, basically ran out of time in the end. Just need to get the timing set up properly, it's running but starts spitting and banging and there is some resistance in the engine when you try to roll the throttle on, even as little as a quarter turn.

Mate is coming out here tomorrow for a look, he my expert!! BIG thing though NO SMOKE, see what happens tomorrow,

donald

Donald - Don't know how bad the symptons are but are you sure its timing?

It could be carburation, I've had a similar thing on my bike which I eventually traced to dirt/water in carb.

Gordon

Hi Guys,

fixed and going like a steam engine, (which is a b*gger cos I want a trials bike :D )

Valve timing out by a few degrees, must have slipped when finishing things off. It's now reset and running lovely. Stripped the carb as well, it wasn't that bad but it had been lying in a dusty engineering factory for the last couple of months.

I am now a happy bunny and going for a play during my break (night shift again!)

dy

Okay, had a play in the woods beside the office and it's great. smoke a wee bit but didn't expect anything else, shouldn't need a tanker behind me any more :D

Throttle response is much quicker and it's a smoother delivery than before, not snatchy at all. Roll on Saturday (Classic club trial at Thornhill, scramble on Sunday)

dy

Edited by Slapshot 3