What Are The Bare Requirements To Enter A Trial?

sjl315r

Hello all. I only post this as as an apprentice funds are tight and have only managed to stretch this months wage to buy a helmet but plan on entering my first trial on Saturday. Would sturdy hiking boots jeans and a berghaus jacket be suitable to get started? Thanks Scott

Hi,

If it's an ACU event at the absolute minimum you will need clothing that covers body and legs, boots of approximately knee length (only safety type wellington boots made of rubber,leather or plastic will be allowed) and a crash helmet, all this is covered in the ACU hand book under ACU TSR 12.

If you are a youth rider you will have to have your arms covered and have gloves that cover hands and fingers.

Hope this helps.

Edited by p@ul250

Ask around at the club and see if anyone has some old boots to sell you.

I was given these. A strap was missing and the padded rim at the top had disintergrated. A new strap, some stitch work and polish and presto......should squeeze a few more years outa them.

post-18493-0-93962100-1383559881_thumb.jpg

You might get away with hiking boots - I have seen riders trial in them but it would be far better and save any arguement if you got a pair of industial safety wellies.

Phone the event secretary - they may let you ride your first event without a licence so long as you join the club and fill in a licence application.

I would strongly advise knee / shin protectors. The ones that the shin part slips inside socks are cheap and can avoid a lot of pain and injury.