Fantic 240/300

mac

I am in the process of fitting a 301 engine into a 240 frame and just noticed this on ebay whilst looking for a airbox?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantic-125-200-240-Professional-Trials-Rear-Engine-mount-/161144429482?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2584f4dbaa

Is this the correct fitting for a 240 rather than the 2 handle bar clamp like fitting from the 301?

Any chance of some pictures as you go along - especially the right hand lower frame tube mod (& cutting dimensions etc) as I have a 240 frame in build at the minute that I would like to get modded so I can drop a 301/303 engine straight in at a later date.

Cheers

The Wobbler

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay -

Latest on the fantic 301/240 - As you mentioned above the lower frame has to be cut away to accept the bigger fly wheel of the 01 serious engines . I don't have any measurements but basically ground away ( with a angle grinder) just under half of the lower tube over a length of about 10 or 12cm and then welded in a plate to reinforce it. I kept trying the engine in to see how much need taking away till the engine fitted in nicely plus a bit of clearance room .

Next problem is the exhaust from the 301 wont fit in so need to get some advice on that but looks as if i need to cut it and add a bit in?

I still have the 240 yokes on but need to get either the 200 yokes or i might try the 301 yokes i have but the roller bearing are a different inner diameter so need to get down to may local bearing shop ones the holidays are over.

Still need a few bits but getting there i think ! Big thanks to Lee Harris and Richard Allen for some top advice .Will get some pictures out soon.