Bleedin Brakes :(

l05tb0y

The usual problem is that there is a high spot in the hose where air can't rise out of. Try positioning the bike so air rises all the way to the bleed nipple.

Back flushing with a large syringe can overcome this but not always as the hole in the master cylinder may be too small to permit a decent flushing flow rate.

You can get large syringes from vets or from medical supplies on Ebay - 2 for £6 last time I bought them a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

OK ,so I got a 60ml syringe and filled it with fluid opened the bleed nipple and attached the syringe. I emptied the reservoir and tried to push the fluid through, but the pressure was too much and just a little bit went into the reservoir, and it was very hard to do it. Is this normal ? but anyway it didn't work as the pedal didn't get any harder. Am I doing something wrong.

It's possible from the sound of what you're saying that you don't have enough play in the brake rod & the piston isn't returning fully which partially blocks the port, a quick way to check if that's the case is to remove the brake pedal & try forcing the fluid through again.

Have you had the master cylinder apart, there is a spring above the piston which should return the piston. If you take the rubber boot off the piston should be resting against the circlip, is something worth checking out

The way I managed to bleed mine was to work from the opposite end, I pulled the reservoir off & fitted the syringe to the line in place of it, took a couple of syringe fulls of fluid pumped through with the nipple closed off when refilling to get a good pedal after exhausting the other methods I had available

I'll second Tony with the brake rod free play, Also check the master cylinder is returning fully as they very often get crud in them and people don't realise as the brake will still work but casues problems when re bleeding.

sometimes a blast with wd40 and a lot of rapid pumping will get it working if your in a rush to ride but a strip down of the master cylinder is needed to fix it long term.