Rear Mudguard Keeps Breaking

renegade master

Hi Guys,

Does anybody else have problems with their back mudguard getting broken? I am new to trials (4 months) and while just driving around on the hills and off roading was fine, but now I have started practicing wheelies I have broken lots of rear mudguards, and not due to flipping the bike eather but by sitting on the bike while trying to wheelie, theres lots of youtube videos of guys wheeling while sitting down and when I tryed this I kept sliding off the back mudguard and then bending it! whats the best way in finding grip in this position?

anyway I think I am going to strengthen up a back mudguard by fiberglassing the inside of it! has anyone else ever done this?

Don't sit directly on the mudguard. Move forward just a bit. Also what year and make of bike. How the mud guard attaches may be good to know. Like older Sherco's had a subframe to sit on where the mudguard started to curve. But GasGas is all air box out there.

The road (homologation) kit of a GasGas contains a stiffer rear mudguard.

The montesa road kit has a extra plastic inner mudguard.

I also have a carbon extension on my airbox under the mudguard (to keep water away from the airbox) This also supports the mudguard a bit better.

These make the rear mudguard a bit stronger but I don't think they will hold when you slide to far back.

Don't know if their is something simillar for Sherco.

Like Zippysaid: don't move so far back and their will be no problem, :rolleyes: or learn to wheely standing up

Edited by guys