Dellorto Set Up

chris west

Firstly I'm new to this please help I think I've got my carb set wrong ... It's not high revving at idle or cutting out but is jerky when in gear and low revs. How do I know if I'm set right on carb . All jets are clear and the carbs been stripped and cleaned.

Running normal unleaded .

Thanks

Yeah thanks I was looking through that earlier... My air screw on carb is set just before it starts to rev up on its own at idle ... Is this too much air ... It's not revving but another eight of a turn and it would start to rev.

These are newby question I know but am struggling ... Thanks

Hi. Its worth noting, assuming you have the Dellorto carb. The mixture screw controls fuel and NOT air. Therefore when you unscrew it you get more fuel, screw it in, less fuel.

Just a tiny turn can make a big difference.

Set tick over with the centre screw.

TLTEL

As others have said, first check it is a delorto carb (what bike and year is it ?) Set your fuel and just adjust revs via the air screw (bigger one with the nurled end)

The big knurled screw is a throttle slider adjuster, it just alters the tick over speed by raising or lowering the slider. it does not alter the mixture.

TLTEL

No idea what bike, what year? What carb? A Dell can have an airscrew, but yhen not a later vintage. PHBL would be your standard later stuff running a fuel screw, so if you have it leaned out to where it will not rev, you have gone too far, as they will typically run 3 turns out or so, and adjust idle to suit.