What Is This

toetoe

the first photo and the yellow arrow, is it the rear break fluid, and what are the clips called the red arrow is pointing at, i'v noticed today that my fuel pipe is held on with zip ties so i want to replace them and in the second photo, what is it and what is it for, does it look right or should their be a cover over it, i was also looking at things like the nuts that hold the head on, can i buy them in sets, just to tidy it up a bit.

regards

Tony

post-19186-0-92768400-1386520589_thumb.jpg

post-19186-0-61800300-1386520613_thumb.jpg

post-19186-0-45266500-1386520814_thumb.jpg

Edited by toetoe

They are hose clips and most cases not needed if you hose is in good condition, but available from your sherco dealer I recommend AG BIkes.

It is indeed your rear reservoir which isn't necessary really anyway. As an aside I would always put a clean rag in your intake you do not want bits of dirt getting in there, and wash your bike better!

Hi

I thought the same actually, that's just the sort of dirt that bungs up your jets and spoils your day, I'm not going to say wash your bike better as I don't do it very well either, BUT if you are going to work on the bike make sure that area is clean at least.

Second picture, thermostat or thermoswitch, it doesn't work like a car thermostat as it only switches the fan on and off, it does not control the water flow. There is not a cover for it, well not on the Gas Gas anyway.

TLTEL

They are hose clips and most cases not needed if you hose is in good condition, but available from your sherco dealer I recommend AG BIkes.

It is indeed your rear reservoir which isn't necessary really anyway. As an aside I would always put a clean rag in your intake you do not want bits of dirt getting in there, and wash your bike better!

thanks for the advice but i am a complete novice and so my first thought was to bung something into the hole and carry on cleaning around it but then i thought will i do any damage in doing that, so being a carpenter for over 30 years, experience as tort me, if in doubt leave it and ask someone first, i cleaned everything else except for that area, i thought afterwards it would be better next time i clean my filter and air box to take the carb off and clean that at the same time.

regards

Tony