Basic Questions From A Newbie

expat_boy

After racing moto-x all my life i have just bought a cheap trials bike - Gas Gas 200 TXT. I think it is a 2000 model.

Also what oil-fuel ratio should I use?

How much oil should go in the forks as the seals have gone.

Also what speask plug should it run?

Sorry for all the questions but I havent ridden it yet and wanted to enter an event this weeekend!

Could you pleasse tell me where to get a workshop manual downloadasble if poss) ?

Cheers!

80:1 non ethanol fuel will work fine, if you try to motocross that bike, might use more oil in gas, the (trials) bike wont take being ran around high RPM and loads, when we run long distances on loops, we're 1/4 to 1/2 throttle most people, talking more than 1/4 mile...

Bullet points to remember. your mileage may vary...

1 WFO longer than a few seconds at a time, you will burn a trials engine up, don't care what you use for oil. Lots of damage has occured on NEWER tighter trials bikes, when they have landed on throttle wide open crash, unable to shut engine off quickly.

1b most are using "tethers" so when rider is removed from bike, so is spark.

2 Pro's and better riders running long distances been said to turn on choke, to race down the paths that can go close to WFO.

3 Most trials information (any brand) recommends you vary the throttle when running down the trail at higher than 1/2 throttle as a rule of thumb.

4 Trials exhaust is VERY restrictive in general, because the bike is tuned to run at best at low RPMS, so exhaust causes the bike to get hot at HIGH rpms...

hope that helps, the above guys got the rest.

Edited by sting32