Pool Noodle.

mokwepa

Im keen to try the tennis ball trick if my foam doesnt help. Wonder if adding a second bead lock where the valve normay goes would help?

intriguing! a mate of mine got sick of punctures and he just shoved his rear tire full of this foam he gets from work... it's some kind of packaging material they just throw out. he jams enough in to simulate 5psi and off he goes. it does compress slowly so he just crams more in every few months, although you have to wonder if it starts to weigh a fair bit the more he puts in.

Hi guys

Had another 2hr session this afternoon and the front is still holding with the foam liner. So far so good.

@ sherconood....thats my next plan. Im gonna cut 2cm strips of mattress foam and jam as much in as I can and use a second bead lock. Sure it will work.

I did some quick maths and apparently it takes about 29 tennis balls to fill a 21" tire. According to Wikipedia that should add about 1.8kg to the wheel. My mattress foam is much lighter than that.

Oh yes, I have a X light rear and a Trials light front. They are still in good shape so im gonna use them up, so no I wont be using a different tire just yet, on the next set, probably.