I Think This Could Be A Sprite Trials Bike!

laird387

It's not a Sprite.

More likely had it's origins in a Cotton

Although I can see some very unCotton aspects as well

Cotton GF tank

Greeves barrel

Honda front hub

Still unsure - might it be a Dot

Edited by sparks2

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We told the story of Arthur Dovey in ORR, here is part of it.

" I had an Enfield Crusader - but just couldn't get on with it, so sold it. A Sprite frame was acquired from Frank Hipkin and a 250 Villiers scrambles motor with trials gears came from the Rickmans."

"I was very successful locally and won several premier awards on that bike."

By 1965 Arthur was a top rider in the Southern centre and he started that year still on the Sprite. He was second to Sammy in the Alton Club’s regional restricted Selborne Solo trial at Noar Hill. By then Bob Gollner had spotted Arthur’s potential and offered him a favourable deal on a 250 Bultaco. Bob put the Sprite up for sale at £110 and went on to give Arthur valued support over the years.

Here is Arthur on his Sprite.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-63879300-1393157656_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The inclusion of a pre-65 class in th Perce Simon trial brought the additional entries that prevented the early extinction of the famous trial. M G Fairbanks brought this interesting Greeves Anglian powered Sprite to join in the fun.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-05822600-1394037518_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We told the story of Arthur Dovey in ORR, here is part of it.

" I had an Enfield Crusader - but just couldn't get on with it, so sold it. A Sprite frame was acquired from Frank Hipkin and a 250 Villiers scrambles motor with trials gears came from the Rickmans."

"I was very successful locally and won several premier awards on that bike."

By 1965 Arthur was a top rider in the Southern centre and he started that year still on the Sprite. He was second to Sammy in the Alton Club’s regional restricted Selborne Solo trial at Noar Hill. By then Bob Gollner had spotted Arthur’s potential and offered him a favourable deal on a 250 Bultaco. Bob put the Sprite up for sale at £110 and went on to give Arthur valued support over the years.

Here is Arthur on his Sprite.

Enjoy.

Any chance of finding the rest of this report???? would love to read it all. Ps now and again he left Sammy covered in mud for pushing past the queues as well lol

Any chance of finding the rest of this report???? would love to read it all. Ps now and again he left Sammy covered in mud for pushing past the queues as well lol

Amelia,

Lovely to hear from you - yes I'll certainly hunt out the Offroad Review that I told your Dad's story in - and of course we used to meet regularly when I joined the Islwyn crowd - particularly when we took the kiddies riding through the forest tracks, your Dad turned up with a trailer behind his 'quad' thing, that we put straw bales in for protection then hoisted kids in wheelchairs into the trailer - they thought it was real!

Send me a PM thru trials central with an email address that I can copy the article for you - or email me at derykwylde@gmail.com

Best regards,

Deryk.