This Wasp Could Sting .......

laird387

Hi Guy's

One of the trials bikes I built at North Bar Garage Banbury (Burt Shorey's) was a 350 Triumph from an accident damaged I think 3TA.

I think after straightening the frame and modifying the sub frame new uprated front forks were fitted.

The bike was built for Dan to ride. but after a couple of trials riding the bike like a road racer does!!! at the top of the rev range the bike was noticed by several riders, George must have bid the most?? for he ended up loading the bike on his pick-up

The bike had the registration that started ABW****.

I know there is a picture in one of the ORR, Deryk. but I don't know which one until I find it.

There are a lot of pictures in one hundred odd copies. but I will find it unless you do first.

Regards Charlie. :icon_salut:

Hi Charlie,

One little tip for anyone contemplating modifying a unit Triumph for trials use is to find a 3TA/dustbin motor/unit - why? - because they all had wide ratio gear internals which will fit a 5TA unit.

Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I appreciate that this particular 'Wasp' is actually a scrambles model, indeed it is the brand new bike as supplied by Robin Rhind-Tutt to Triss Sharp.

I have included it as it does show the beautiful workmanship of the Wasps, like the detail of the lightweight rear brake pedal, with strut across the pivot point, the milled front engine plates, the rear brake torsion strut doubling up as a chain guide, etc., etc.

Sadly, even with all that attention to detail, the bike, in the opinion of Triss just didn't handle as well as his own had - so it was quickly returned, as was the model tried and rejected by Rob Jordan. Strange because very often when a bike looks right - it is right!

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-76364000-1391507428_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Now here is a fascinating photograph, and I have to admit I've forgotten to ask George Greenland about it each time we have met!

Sadly Malcolm Carling didn't put any details on the photo - so all I can say is - over to you TC gurus - what is this?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-47382300-1393072573_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

A typically misty early morning on the Cotswold escarpment finds this Wasp rider, whose name was eluding me, but now I've remembered Roy Trump, on the exit of the Weighbridge section, in the 1992 Guy Fawkes trial.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-69687400-1396611876_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

• 3 weeks later...