Whitlock Swingarm 199B

smelling123

Would anyone be kind enough to post some close up pictures of the swingarms fitted as an option to the 340s by comerfords please?

It would be inetresting to know length (pivot point to wheel spindle centre) too. I am looking to make one for a ratty 198b I have in bits as a spring project.

many thanks in anticipation

Stu

• Like 2

Don't forget that those bikes had the pivot point moved forward so if anyone does come up with the length of the swingarm, you need to also know how far forward the pivot was moved. The same length swingarm on the standard pivot would probably be too long.

Commerfords only did this conversion to the 340 models, but there was a 198b that was also done at the time by Reg. It was a special order by the customer that purchased the bike from them and was the only genuine conversion to a 250 model

Thanks Woody, all understood, my intention is to move the pivot forward too - I think I can go about 15mm without having to machine the cases but I havent taken any accurate measurements yet just started looking.

I wanted to know if the comerfords arm and pivot mod ended up with the same wheelbase as the standard bike.

It'd be nice to see/measure one in real life if anyone is feeling kind..

hi stu i will do it tomorrow for you the pluger bolt on mine has been shaved down to allow the Arm to come forward. the pivot point also has been done ill get the measurement of that to. the head stock has been done also the bike dose turn prity tight. who ever did the work on the bike looks like its been done well.

stue hears some photos the distance between the pivot point and the reat axel is just short of 18 and a half inches the distance between the pivot point is 1 and a half inches forward from the reae.