Homerlite Tank

scot taco

How hard is it to find a decent homerlite fuel tank and were they any good as far as leaky gas cap? I,m going to need a tank for my next Sherpa t project and thought it would be kind of cool to find one of those.I never seem to find any good slimline tanks on ebay and my only other option for one of those is one from Shedworks.

Nice bike in the picture but why do people ruin the look of the bike by mounting the rear mudguards so short... ??

The Homerlites regularly split on the welded tank / seat unit joint, presumably through to vibration. Getting them welded by a decent welder and mounting them to absorb most of the vibrations should eliminate that problem though.

Can't recall any issues with leaking filler caps, it was a Monza style flip up used on loads of tanks from that era and before. Never had an issue with the one I had.

The slimline tank from Shedworks is fine, no issues with fuel, it comes in gelcoat red, just needs the silver stripe spraying on and the pin stripe added. I've got one on my M92

post-71-0-82657900-1388939382_thumb.jpg

This is a homerlite M92 I built a few years ago which ended up going to HonkKong. Shedworks painted that tank too

post-71-0-85475800-1388939593_thumb.jpg

Edited by woody
  • Like 1

It is a very nicely finished bike,but that is a crazy amount of money! Those are very nice looking bikes that both of you posted.I do like the slimline tank the best though and will probably just order one of those after I get the rest of the bike sorted over the winter.It is a bitsa bike with a first year Alpina frame and early round barrel 175 Alpina motor that will get a 250 top end.

Woody,are the center of the rims on the slimline tanked bike powder coated red or painted? I have seen some of the Puma bikes with that done also and liked it enough to think about doing it to mine only maybe in black.

Edited by scot taco
  • Like 1

Hi,

Just nosing around the website and noticed these posts and then remembered I have a few Bultaco images in my offroadarchive, particularly some from a session that Gordon Francis had with Sam the Man in 1967.

I appreciate they are not really relevant to this post - but thought you might be interested.

There are more - just ask.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-94712600-1388991807_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-30914900-1388991836_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Woody,are the center of the rims on the slimline tanked bike powder coated red or painted? I have seen some of the Puma bikes with that done also and liked it enough to think about doing it to mine only maybe in black.

Not powder coated or painted, they're anodised red