Tlr Fork Bushes

agricon

Hi all

Has anyone had experience with replacing the front fork bushes on a TLR 200 (35mm forks)? I have a set stripped down for an overhaul and noticed that the bushes are showing signs of wear. How easily should they come out?

Interestingly, there is no part number showing in the parts manual for the bushes! Maybe they are not supposed to be replaced?

Any help appreciated.

Edited by agricon

are there deffo bushes in there?????? or do the stantions run direct in the alloy slider?

Hi bashplate

Yes I'm pretty sure,unless im going mad?

Here are a couple pf photos looking down inside the leg.

post-16661-0-96916200-1389594651_thumb.jpg

This shows the top bush

post-16661-0-68960000-1389594772_thumb.jpg

This photo shows the top and lower bush plus the plastic/nylon sleeve between them.

You may understand now why I find it strange that I can't find a part number in the Honda parts list.

I may just take them out and then try to match them with something from another bike.

The 33 mm fork on the reflex does not use bushings. The 35 mm fork on the TLR competition model does use syntallic bushings. The parts diagram shown above is for the 33 mm reflex fork, without bushing. Contact any Honda dealer in a country in which the real TLR (not reflex) was sold, and they will have a parts book for your fork. The real TLR competition was not sold in North America, only the dual sport reflex. Not sure if New Zealand Honda imported the competition TLR back in the day or if individuals brought in bikes on their own from England, Japan etc.