Queuing At Sections

cleanorbust

This has happened to lots of people me included . the last time someone did it to a group waiting i got behind this guy and just as he was about to set off into the section, i rammed his back wheel just hard enough to knock him off balance , and as he turned to look at me i just laughed at him , and he was an expert as well so he should have known better than just blatantly push in .

Quite crap when you have to resort to tricks like that .

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

I must admit, I like all the devious ideas, but..... I find that if you simply point out where the end of the existing queue is, most people will feel embarrassed enough and move back.

Fortunately we don't usually have this problem in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. But then again we don't often have more than 50 riders total in a trial so any queue is usually only at section 1.

Maybe we should have a separate forum titled "Trials etiquette."

Edited by thats_a_five
  • Like 2

Stupid question but do you thank the observers at each section as you go around or at the end of the day? (I've yet to compete)

Cheers

I always thank the checkers, most often on the last loop about halfway through the section I will tell them thank you. Sometimes there is an observer in the middle of the section and a puncher at the end. So I make sure to thank them both.

I do try to thank the others involved but I must be honest sometimes my brain just draws a blank and I am in my own little world.

Zippy ? what else is new ?

I always thank the observers etc. , but as of late most of the events I've ridden have been peer scored , so we don't have much if any queue , But I have found in other instances , just getting slightly VOCAL and stating where the end of the line is works fine , and most won't try it again .

Embarrassment can be a powerful tool :)

Glenn

The way I see it about queue jumping is the person doing it thinks they are somehow better than everyone else. It always seems to be the so called Expert rider that does this and never the Clubman. It's the same when you have to observe each other most of them just ride off never talking their turn with the board. Same with riding sections out of order another no no in my book but a typical Expert ploy.

Well you asked about trials ettecate well there's quite a bit to have a go at in the replies so far.