Ty250 Mono 1984 Staring Issues..

welshcharlie

hi guys (and gals..). am having problems with my beloved ty250 mono..only had it 3months, started having starting problems, just wouldn't settle down to a happy idle, just wanted to die..even after fine tuning idle/air screw whilst bike was warm. there is a spark and fuel is evident on plug. I have taken carb off and now (due to inexperience) haven't put it back together correctly..am having throttle issues.no resistance in throttle cable now, I no ill have to sort that but any other ideas for lack of starting/idling...is it fuel mix(50:1) is it carb? seems ok. although I haven't fully cleaned it out yet. Disassemble and reassembled 3 times and gave up after having found new issues due to my lack of experience..anyway any help greatly appreciated..also was told to put engine oil in ...this didn't seem right so didn't but it yet. others recommend light tranny oil. but what weight.cheers

post-19319-0-10729900-1390664155_thumb.jpg

Hi Welshcharlie

Was the bike running ok when you bought it or has it just started since you stripped the carb.Theres a couple of manuals on ebay worth getting if your not sure what your doing.l run mineon 10/30 gear oil try running bike with seat unit off as some early bikes suffered with air box troubles.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a blocked pilot jet in the carb. Get a manual, watch some you tube clips and if you're still not confident, get help. Needs a thorough strip and clean throughout, possibly even ultrasonic. Worried about your inexperience, believe me you don't want a slide sticking open.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The slide goes back in the carb with the cut away toward the filter. Did you remove the cable from the slide? It has to go back together just right or the needle will not stay in place. The pilot jet is a very small brass screw inside the carb body with a flat head screw driver slot. Remove and run a fine wire to clean out. Good luck!