Self Observing

aids

Here in the states

A more professional approach would help, out of the 5 club trials only one had a pre start (with a car horn) Riders briefing about: number of sections / laps / dangers, places not to go etc. (If I can remember back in the 70's this alway happened). Every motor sport as some kind of rider/driver briefing before the start, why not us!

I don't know of a club here in the States or Canada that does not have a pre start meeting. We do the horn thing and get told all of the good information. Here in Michigan we also do our youth (oset) awards durring the pre meeting. That way if the Mrs. wants to go home early because the child is unruley then they can. Our Youth riders usually have only 4 sections and ride three times through each. Trials Inc does it the same way I believe.

One other thing that I noticed riding here vs over there is the queing. I have heard that there are a lot of line jumpers in events there. Most of us Americans don't stand for that. Even at the nationals the only queue jump we allow is for our pro's but they have to stagger between a clubman rider and the next pro. Again our queues are not as long as yours but still. Its not a race!

--Biff