Gasgas Exhaust Repair?

renegade master

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know where I can buy a new exhaust system for a 2003 gas gas txt pro 280? I am just looking for the end can and the middle section and also head bolts and does anybody know where I can get these manfold bolts with nut heads rather than hex heads?? the nut heads are eazer to work with rather than hex......

maybe my exhaust can be fixed but I am not sure if these metals can be welded?

my mates gas gas exhaust is welded, the end can is welded to the middle silencer which makes a good job I think.

post-19212-0-85613200-1398440333_thumb.jpg

post-19212-0-90417200-1398440378_thumb.jpg

A second hand one maybe? http://www.allensusedtrialsspares.co.uk/#

If you weld the two togheter it's more difficult to replace the exhaust packing.

The middle section usually also contains packing wool but has to be cut open to replace the wool.

Your bike will perform and sound better after replacing the wool in both the middle and the end pipe.

I would try to find photos of what it should look like.

The middle section is steel and the rear section is aluminium so they can't really be welded together. I would guess the cost of new ones would be well in excess of £100 each.

Once you have the photos take them to a sheet metal worker who can MIG or TIG weld thin steel and TIG weld thin aluminium. You will need to dismantle (by removing the rivets) and thoroughly clean the tail pipe first.

I would probably have charged 3 to 4 hours for such a repair and nothing or very little for materials.