2015 Jotagas Wish List

telecat

Kokusan Ignition,

New Braketec Master Cylinders.

Rear Brake Master Cylinder you can take the lid off to top up without putting the bike on it's nose.

Better ECU location.

Better Clearance of the chain tensioner and rear wheel.

Easier chain adjustment.

Gearbox Breathing.

Basically just details I suppose which shows how good the design is.

As you say the design is really good first off . The time has past for suggestions now to be put into place as the works all done. The 15's are ready and pictures / spec will be out soon. I wonder what the factory will have come up with.

Kokusan Ignition,

New Braketec Master Cylinders.

Or is it just better quality control at Braketec - my clutch leaked from new, but replacement under warranty has been no problem. BUT, not a Jotagas specific problem. Also had to replace my rear master cylinder under warranty as it suddenly lost pressure, with one of the seals damaged, perhaps by a burr on one of the transfer holes.

------------------------

Rear Brake Master Cylinder you can take the lid off to top up without putting the bike on it's nose.

But you can fill through the small screw with a syringe with small tube (from dentists for cleaning between teeth for people with braces). But small washer could seal better - again not a Jotagas specific problem. But location is good and how often do we need to re-fill? Also real easy to take the hole unit off and do all you need on the bench - much easier to bleed then too.

-------------------------

Better ECU location.

I seem to think it is in a good position - compared with others. But we dont ride much mud. Is that the problem?

-----------------

Better Clearance of the chain tensioner and rear wheel.

The Updated swingarm that i have now got on my 2014 bike appears to have been milled out and gives more space for tensioner and tyre and swingarm is narrower at axle so chain alignment is easier.

-----------------------

Easier chain adjustment.

YES PLEASE and allow us to retrofit earlier models. But that said, having set mine with calipers I know the measurement, whereas we just trust snail cams on otherbikes.

--------------------------

Gearbox Breathing.

Don't overfill seems to solve the problem perhaps until you fit the Trialspart breather.

---------------------------

Basically just details I suppose which shows how good the design is.

-----------------------

Also

I use Putoline Gp10 gear oil and like it for lightness and progressiveness of clutch and virtually no cold grab.

Got to agree that the new design Braketec kit needs them to address quality control.

When replacing the rear pads I open the bleed nipple and open up the pads then top off at the master cylinder. Saves the seals but not doable with the current layout.

The Tray the ECU sits in tends to acquire a small amount of water in it when riding streams. I currently Tie wrap it to the Mudguard mount above the tray.

Chris's Bike was built in October/November so if the arm has been moved since I don't see any problems.

The Breathing has been a problem. Even when Fully drained after Chris Broke the Clutch cover and filled with exactly 400ml we have had excess coming out. The Trialspart Breather has been fitted and improved the situation.

One thing I did forget was fit the CSP Bash plate if you "hit" rocks. Twice the thickness of the Standard one. And the Rear bolts are Nylocked.

The engine of course is not fully drained just because you take the clutch cover off. Much of the oil is still retained in engine crevices / bearings etc. Your over filling if you put in 400mm on an oil change. I know this is what the book says but things change and like Tarres said and i posted ages ago 350mm on all oil changes and you wont have this problem. It works perfectly with no oil being blown at all. That gadget you guys bought is a gadget for a gadgets sake , but hey its your money , just please dont go blaming the bike saying theyve got to mod it. Youve just got to mod to 350 mm :)

I agree with you on the bash plates though and the chain tensioner is fiddly but hey big deal. Now all the heads have the lower insert i cant think of anything substantial id change . I know you guys are saying the same

We'll give the 350ml a shot. Hopefully at the last oil change before we sell it and buy a 2015!! Chris has his right hand in plaster at the moment so can't ride.

Edited by telecat

I disagree with the "gadget for gadgets sake" comment, it is a very useful part that the manufacturers would do well to install from the start as surely more oil capacity is a plus. Also the leaking because of poor breather positioning is fixed with this relatively cheap accessory