Paint Ball Tank For Filling Tires

scooterspal

I'd like to set up a small paint ball tank to fill my tires while on the road. Would carry the kit in my back pack.

I purchased an adapter sold on Ebay that will allow you to get from the fitting on these tanks to a standard 1/8 NPT female threaded hole. From there you can add a gauge, quick disconnect, etc.

I have some questions and am hoping perhaps someone has done this already.

These tanks can hold many hundred of PSI's but my garage compressor is only good for around 120psi. If I'm using, say a 20 oz tank, would filling it up until I reach 120 give me enough air to top off most trials tires?

That is, bring them from around 4 to 6 psi up to 16 or 18 psi for street riding?

Thanks

Edited by scooterspal

I'd like to set up a small paint ball tank to fill my tires while on the road. Would carry the kit in my back pack.

I purchased an adapter sold on Ebay that will allow you to get from the fitting on these tanks to a standard 1/8 NPT female threaded hole. From there you can add a gauge, quick disconnect, etc.

I have some questions and am hoping perhaps someone has done this already.

These tanks can hold many hundred of PSI's but my garage compressor is only good for around 120psi. If I'm using, say a 20 oz tank, would filling it up until I reach 120 give me enough air to top off most trials tires?

That is, bring them from around 4 to 6 psi up to 16 or 18 psi for street riding?

Thanks

That small bottle will not do much at 120 psi!

I know about these systems but since they are only a temporary solution... the CO2 leaks out and then you still need to fill with plain old air... I will try my method.

Thanks!

Edited by scooterspal

I use a small bicycle type pump that I bought at K-mart or Walmart for about $7. Weighs only a couple ounces, about 7" long and 1" diameter. It has a double extension so it gives a pretty good volume of air per stroke. Nice thing is it never runs out of air.

• Like 1